Saturday, August 27, 2011

Creating a Scene

Morning!

I've recently become very addicted to Hero Arts stamps! (I'm patiently waiting for my new order to arrive by checking the mailbox every 30 seconds...). Such a gorgeous collection and a fun website/blog with lots of ideas, cards, 'n contests. I entered in the July contest with a digital stamp and the canvas stripes background, and since then bought my first cling set, "Sending Holiday Cheer," which I used for this months entry. The August contest was to make a scene, a card for a child, or a card with creatures. I chose to make a village scene with a concertina-style folding to make it look like the house and trees were in a 3D winter-wonderland. The Hero Arts flickr community is filled with lovely people and their sweet comments truly made my day.



Image and Sentiment: Hero Arts Sending Holiday Cheer
Marianne Creatables Die Pine Tree
Martha Steward Snowflake punches
Coloured with Copics and Distress Inks (stormy sky and shabby shutters)
Cuttlebug Snowflakes embossing folder


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment